[Bridge] bridge + bonding with arp monitoring enabled

Leonardo Borda leonardo.borda at canonical.com
Thu Mar 10 12:09:58 PST 2011

Hello Guys,

I am trying to configure bridge + bonding with arp monitoring enabled.
Whenever I activate the bridge interface and assign bond0 to the bridge
Everything stops working.

I am on ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Can I have an ip address in the bond0 interface WHILE not having an IP
address in the bridge interface? In order to have bond arp monitoring I
must have an ip address in the bond interface as far as I understand.

Here it is my current configuration.
PS: I have seen similar configurations although none of them have an ip
address configured in the bond0 interface.

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto bond0