[Bridge] Query on Sapnning tree implementation from standard point of view

Vitalii Demianets vitas at nppfactor.kiev.ua
Mon Jun 18 11:48:33 UTC 2012

On Friday 15 June 2012 15:25:39 Sujata Verma wrote:
> Thanks. I was doing the same experiment on few switches, i could get hold
> of and this is the result:
>
> Cisco Switch catalyst 2950 : Completely ignoring the packet, so validations
> are proper.

Hello, Sujata!
Would the result of the experiment differ if you set Message Age and Max Age
to the correct values while leaving Hello Time and Forward Delay incorrect:
Message Age = 19 (encoded as 0x13 0x00)
Max Age = 20 (encoded as 0x14 0x00)
Hello Time = 255 (encoded as 0xFF 0x00)
Forward Delay = 255 (encoded as 0xFF 0x00)

How would Cisco switch handle such BPDUs?

--
With Best Regards,
Vitalii Demianets