[Bridge] MSTPd in RSTP mode is sometimes slow...

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Tue Oct 9 15:58:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 06:42:36PM +0300, Vitalii Demianets wrote:
> Hello, Rodolfo!
>
> Please, describe your setup: how many devices do you have and how exactly are
> they connected?

ASCII Art:

  +------------+
  +------------+    |
    |             +------------+
    |             |            |
  +------------+    |
  |    root    |----+ <----[A]
  +------------+

The "Event" is: the ring is opened in [A]

> Also, please specify which events exactly are you measuring the time interval
> between. As I understand, you are measuring the time interval between some
> event X not shown in the logs end the event Y = "br0:mrvl4:0 entering
> forwarding state". What is event X?

Since I receive the external BPDU related with the Event (see
"bridge_bpdu_rcv: ifindex 6, len 60") to the message
"MSTP_OUT_set_state: br0:mrvl4:0 entering forwarding".

> I guess you have three devices connected in the ring. If so, is the device
> under examination NOT the root bridge before event X, or after event X or in
> both cases?

My device is not the root bridge and it never becomes the root bridge
nor before and after the Event.

Ciao,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti
Freelance ICT Italia - Consulente ICT Italia - www.consulenti-ict.it