[Bridge] Tap and Bridge problem

Lambert Laurent lambert.laurent91 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 15:22:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use bridge and tap for my work. In my setup I use
two programs communicating though tap interface. I connect the two tap
interface with a bridge.

Now comes the problem, currently only broadcast or multicast frames goes
through the bridge. Every unicast frame get drop (or stuck) between the
bridge and the input of the tap device. I traced this with tcpdump. The
message is seen on the sender tap if, on the bridge and disapears on the
receiver tap if.
Also the frame seems to be well formated (tcpdump identifies it properly).

to instanciate a bridge i use :
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 tap0
brctl addif br0 tap1

i then ifconfig up the bridge and the two tap interface.

I also noticed in linux log that the bridge puts tap port in disabled
state.

Did anyone this behavior in the past time ?

Thank you.

--
Lambert Laurent