[Bridge] br0: received packet on eth0 with own address as source address

Sujata Verma sujataverma3 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 2 05:57:56 UTC 2013

Bernd,

Can you give more information about how these two hosts are connected with the network? Are they stand alone PC ? Not much idea about KVM guests, but hope they both have different mac addresses configured.

Some info i could find

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/lnxinfo/v3r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fliaat%2Fliaatkvmsecbridge.htm

If there is a loop you will observe loss in the connectivity because there are too many packets, and it can even bring your network down. This loop can be because of actually someone connecting the cable unknowingly to create loop or could be because of mac address misconfiguration.

Regards,
Sujata