[Bridge] Revert 462fb2af9788a82a534f8184abfde31574e1cfa0 (bridge : Sanitize skb before it enters the IP stack)

David Laight David.Laight at ACULAB.COM
Tue May 27 08:55:12 UTC 2014

From: David Newall
> On 25/05/14 03:13, David Miller wrote:
> > This patch was substantially corrupted by your email client.
>
> We should be sending these things as mime attachments.  Having to put
> patches inline is brittle, absurd and a waste of everyone's time.  Is
> there actually anybody here who doesn't have a mime-compatible MUA?

Yes - anyone using the email client from the world's largest desktop
computer software company.

It doesn't have any method for displaying text attachments.
It has a scheme for executing attachments, for which it will use
an interpreter based on the filename extension.
(Yes - this is why it is very good at propagating viruses.)

FWIW it can send valid patches quite easily - just copy/paste from wordpad.
(Possibly after hacking the registry to allow lines longer than 72 characters.

	David