[Bridge] bride: IPv6 multicast snooping enhancements

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at c0d3.blue
Thu Feb 12 11:41:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 04:59:09PM +0300, Vasily Averin wrote:
> I'm trying to fix ICMPv6 processing broken in OpenVZ after rebase to last RHEL6u6 kernel.
> After some unclear manipulation bridge begins to forward icmp6 NS (fe02::1) into wrong port,
> and at present I do not found the reason of this failure.

fe02::1 seems uncommon for ICMPv6 NS messages. Would you mind
making some dumps for ~10 minutes with tcpdump on all bridge ports
and the bridge interface itself with a filter "icmp6" and uploading the
result somewhere?

Also provide a dump from "bridge mdb show dev $bridge" please (if
possible - not sure whether that's available on the ancient 2.6.32
kernel as used on RHEL6u6).

Cheers, Linus