[Bridge] Sniffing a linux bridge vs sniffing enslaved interfaces

Q theq at rogers.com
Mon Feb 16 22:39:49 UTC 2015

Thanks Joel

I have the feeling that you are using developer terms which I don’t totally udersta

I will rephrase what I believe you said below, just to make sure that I got the idea:

Eth0ßà br0ßàeth1

>From what you are saying if I sniff eth0 only there is chances that I will miss L1 traffic injected by the host or by the other eth1

If eth0 and eht1 have respectively vlan 1 and vlan 2 the only way to sniff both simultaneously would be by sniffing br0

There are also L1-L2 packet originated by br0 that might be misses

Are these correct?

Thanks