[Bridge] What is the difference between using a virtual bridge and a an ethernet interface used a bdrige

Q theq at rogers.com
Tue Feb 17 00:20:42 UTC 2015

Here is a program that can be used to bridge a virtual process (a router) to
a specific interface

https://github.com/jlgaddis/ioulive86

I have tried to use br0 as the interface that I am bridging to but it did
not work

The first router is connecting and, by sniffing BR0 you can see its traffic

The second router does not seem to connect properly and I am wondering why.

If I repeat the experiment by bridging the two processes to eth0 I can see
traffic coming from both virtual routers and they can see each other

What is the fundamental difference between br0 and eth0 in these situations
?

Thanks