[Bridge] [RFC net-next 0/3] net: bridge: Allow CPU port configuration

Florian Fainelli f.fainelli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:09:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,

This patch series allows using the bridge master interface to configure
an Ethernet switch port's CPU/management port with different VLAN attributes than
those of the bridge downstream ports/members.

Jiri, Ido, Andrew, Vivien, please review the impact on mlxsw and mv88e6xxx, I
tested this with b53 and a mockup DSA driver.

Open questions:

- if we have more than one bridge on top of a physical switch, the driver
  should keep track of that and verify that we are not going to change
  the CPU port VLAN attributes in a way that results in incompatible settings
  to be applied

- if the default behavior is to have all VLANs associated with the CPU port
  be ingressing/egressing tagged to the CPU, is this really useful?

Florian Fainelli (3):
  net: bridge: Allow bridge master device to configure switch CPU port
  net: dsa: Propagate VLAN add/del to CPU port(s)
  net: dsa: b53: Remove CPU port specific VLAN programming

 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_common.c | 22 ++++++--------------
 net/bridge/br_vlan.c             | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++---

2.9.3