[Bridge] [RFC net-next v3 03/10] net: bridge: mrp: Add MRP interface used by netlink

Horatiu Vultur horatiu.vultur at microchip.com
Sat Jan 25 11:37:26 UTC 2020

The 01/24/2020 18:43, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you know the content is safe
>
> > br_mrp_flush - will flush the FDB.
>
> How does this differ from a normal bridge flush? I assume there is a
> way for user space to flush the bridge FDB.

Hi,

If I seen corectly the normal bridge flush will clear the entire FDB for
all the ports of the bridge. In this case it is require to clear FDB
entries only for the ring ports. In the next series I will add a better
description of this function and update also the implementation.

The user space doesn't know and doesn't contain a FDB. The user space
will just call the kernel(via netlink interface) to clear the FDB. And
the netlink call will eventually call this function.

--
/Horatiu