[Ce-android-mainline] ram console

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Thu Jan 19 19:00:40 UTC 2012

Thanks very much for the response, Todd.  This is very helpful.

On 01/19/2012 10:02 AM, Todd Poynor wrote:
> Patches have also been floated that generalize ramconsole to a
> persistent memory area that also stores general < key, value > pairs
> set by the the previous boot of the kernel for debugging specific
> problems.

I'm curious what type of information it would make sense to
make a separate interface for, rather than just using printks
for these.  Is this just to simplify parsing after the fact,
or would there be some kind of extraction/filtering API as well?
Do you have an example of the type of data that would be
saved this way?

Also, have you considered putting the logs into this kind of
persistent buffer?  I think Brian mentioned something about
a feature to make the logger buffers persistent.

Thanks,
 -- Tim