[cgl_discussion] HELLO!!

Dr.Tina Elumelu telumelu at kukamail.com
Mon Apr 8 19:28:29 PDT 2002

FROM: THE DESK OF TINA ELUMELU.
DIRECTOR, CREDIT CONTROL,
UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC.
UNION BANK OF NIGERIA LAGOS NIGERIA.
BIG, STRONG, RELIABLE.
EMAIL:telumelu at popmail.com
TEL:234-80-37235050

                   STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

I KNOW THIS PROPOSAL WILL COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW THE WRITER,
CONDSIDERING THE HUGE SUM OF MONEY INVOLVED WHICH COULD MAKE ANY
APPREHENSIVE. LET ME START BY INTRODUCING MYSELF TO YOU, I AM TINA ELUMELU.. DIRECTOR CREDIT CONTROL, UNION BANK
OF NIGERIA PLC. LAGOS. I SAW YOUR CONTACT DURING MY PRIVATE SEARCH AT THE INFORMATION CENTRE HERE IN NIGERIA
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY AND I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL BE
VERY HONEST, COMMITTED AND CAPABLE OF ASSISTING IN THIS BUSINESS VENTURE. FIRSTLY, LET ME EXPLAIN THE SOURCE
OF THIS FUNDS AND WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DO.

A FORIGNER LATE ENGINEER THEOPHILUS BAKER, AN OIL MERCHANT/CONTRACTOR WITH
THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, UNTIL HIS DEATH, OVER A YEAR AGO, WAS A VICTIM OFA KENYA AIRWAYS: BUS (A310-300) FLIGHT
KQ430 PLANE CRASH. THE DECEASED, ENGNIEER THEOPILIUS BAKER,BANKED WITH US AND HAS A CLOSING BALANCE AS A JULY 2000 WORTH
$15.5M (FIFTEEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND USD).
WHICH MY BANK, NOW EXPECTES A NEXT-OF-KIN TO CLAIM AS THE BENEFICIARY OF THE FUNDS, EFFORTS HAS BEEN MADE BY UNION BANK OF
NIGERIA TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE BAKER'S FAMILY OR RELATIVE BUT TO
NO SUCCESS. BASED ON THE PERCEIVED POSSIBILITY OF NOT BEING ABLE TO LOCATE ENGNIEER THEOPILUS'S NEXT-OF-KIN, THE
MANAGEMENT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF OUR CHAIRMAN AND THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE MAKING ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE FUNDS TO
BE DECLARED UNCLAIMED AND CHANNELED TO AN UNKNOWN ACCOUNT.

IT IS BASED ON THIS THAT WE HAVE CONTACTED YOU TO STAND AS THE NEXT-OF-KIN OF LATE ENGR. THEOPILUS BAKER SO THAT THE
FUNDS, WILL BE RELEASED AND PAID INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AS THE BENEFICIARY AND THE NEXT-OF-KIN TO THE DECEASED. ALL
DOCUMENTS, AND PROOF TO ENABLE YOU GET THE FUNDS HAVE BEEN CAREFULLY WORKED OUT AS WE HAVE SECURED FROM THE
DIFFERENT OFFICES CONCERNED FOR THE SMOOTH TRANSFER OF THE FUND TO YOUR NOMINATED ACCOUNT.IT HAS BEEN AGREED THAT THE
OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT WILL BE COMPENSATED WITH 20% OF THE REMITTED FUNDS, WHILE WE KEEP 75% AND 5% WILL BE SET ASIDE TO
OFFSET EXPENSES AND PAY THE NECESSARY TAXES. IF THIS PROPOSAL SATISFIES YOU, PLEASE REACH US ONLY BY MAIL OR PHONE,
FOR MORE INFORMATION. IT MIGHT BE DIFFICULT TO GET THROUGH TO ME, BECAUSE OF POOR TELECOMUNICATION SYSTEM HERE.
PLEASE KEEP TRYING YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET THROUGH.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

TINA ELUMELU..