[cgl_discussion] [validation_framework] Design ideas for CGLE 1.0 ABAT tool

Fleischer, Julie N julie.n.fleischer at intel.com
Mon Aug 19 11:48:54 PDT 2002

I'm trying to get the Automated Basic Acceptance Test (ABAT) tool started up
for CGLE 1.0 builds.  Right now, I have a few design decisions to make in
porting the ABAT tool from TLT to CGLE 1.0.  I wanted to solicit comments on
this design (contains ideas from Rusty, me, and other members of the
validation subgroup).

The design goals were:
- Design so that ABAT test cases don't have to have a separate code base
from the CGL validation test suites.  (This would be a big improvement from
TLT.)
- Make it easy to port existing TLT ABAT test cases into new CGL framework.
- Make it easy to change ABAT tool code to accommodate new structure.

So, I'm thinking of adding this design to the CGL validation framework to
accommodate ABAT tests:

The CGL Validation Framework specification defines the directory structure
as:

cglvalidation/<category>/<requirement>/<subrequirement X>_<feature Y>

For ABAT tests, we would add another directory:
cglvalidation/<category>/<requirement>/<subrequirement X>_abat

Within this directory, we would put the TLT ABAT test suite files.  Later,
validation suite owners could clean this up if there were duplication among
ABAT files and test suite files.

These files would be installed on the machine just like any test files.
However, they would be called by calling:
	wrap.sh --abat
.  When the "--abat" flag is used with wrap.sh, only ABAT tests are
executed.

Thanks.
- Julie

Julie Fleischer