[cgl_discussion] Proposal for disconnecting release numbers f rom continuous builds

Lynch, Rusty rusty.lynch at intel.com
Thu Aug 29 16:44:53 PDT 2002

Whoa... we are not talking about the same thing.

What I mean by two lines of development would be something like a 1.X
development tree, and a 2.X development tree.  In a normal product
environment, this could come about because you have some customers that are
still using 1.X and are paying for  support (i.e. bug fixes) even though
development is well on it's way with 2.x.

It is considerably more difficult to maintain a split build/integration/test
environment, but if it is your source of income then you have no choice.  By
nature of what we are trying to create I do not think we have this
constraint.

	-rusty