[cgl_discussion] Re: [OCF]draft 0.8 of the SAF Application Interface specification

Peter Badovinatz tabmowzo at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 10 11:21:38 PST 2002

"Timothy D. Witham" wrote:

>   There are a couple of issues that need to be resolved before
> the SAF work can be used in open source. (I understand that
> they are being addressed but it hasn't happened yet.)
>
>   The main issue is that the license is revocable until this
> is resolved.  Because of this the risk to anybody who produces
> open source software based on this specification is very high.

Intent is to address the revocation issue at the SAF Board meeting in
mid-January (before Linux World).

Also, I have made arrangements for the OSDL CGL Technical working group
to have face to face meetings in conjunction with Linux World New York
(Jan 21-23).

The SAF have requested (and I have requested of them) to have a couple
of their technical leads participate with OSDL CGL, so you can all find
out that SAF isn't simply a delusion of my imagination.

As OCF folks will ALSO be having a face to face concurrently in NYC in
January, we should have all the players in one place.

Unfortunately, beyond what I've done to this point, I am unable to
devote much time to any further effort on organising this for about 10
days or so due to very urgent family business.  I'll likely be out of
touch (even moreso than lately) until after Christmas.

> Tim
>
> On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 02:38, Weyer, Wolfram wrote:
> > Just want to add that there is another draft specification under review that
> > is very related to what you guys are doing.
> > I don't no whether you have access to this document but it might be worth to
> > have a look on ;-)
> >
> > /Wolfram
> >

> > Wolfram Weyer
> > Staff Engineer
> > Force Computers GmbH
> > - A Solectron Company -
> > Lilienthalstr. 15
> > 85579 Neubiberg/München
> > Germany
> > Tel.  +49 (0)89 60814-523
> > Fax +49 (0)89 60814-112
> > Wolfram.Weyer at fci.com
> > www.forcecomputers.com
> >
> > --- If you ask the wrong questions you get answers like ´42´ or ´God´. ---

Peter
--
Peter R. Badovinatz aka 'Wombat' -- IBM Linux Technology Center
preferred: tabmowzo at us.ibm.com / alternate: wombat at us.ibm.com
These are my opinions and absolutely not official opinions of IBM, Corp.