[cgl_discussion] Fw: [announce] linux-2.5.51-dcl1

Randy.Dunlap rddunlap at osdl.org
Tue Dec 10 13:24:05 PST 2002

There isn't a policy per se.  I maintain the cgl tree and Steve
maintains the dcl tree.  We are the gatekeepers for what goes into
them, and if we decide that something should be in both of them,
it goes into the common -osdl tree.

Steve does have some criteria for -dcl tree additions, and I'm
(slowly) deciding if/how I want to use his list of criteria.

So I decide what goes into the -cgl tree.  Other people can try
to influence that decision (like Mika), and I may disagree with
such suggestions.

This -cgl tree is not meant to be an answer to any of the PoC
feature sets or patch sets.  In fact, it's not even a part of
the PoC.

I'll be releasing an updated -cgl tree in the next day or so,
and then I'll be adding some more patches.  This will probably
cause me to have 2 sets of cgl tree patches, one that contains
patches that will stay for a longer period of time, and one
that is experimental, with patches that are more transitory,
maybe for 1-3 months, and then they are removed.

I'm currently working on adding kmsgdump to the common -osdl tree.

--
~Randy

PS:  Can you use some line endings?  :)