[cgl_discussion] CGL and DCL trees

Patrick Mochel mochel at osdl.org
Wed Dec 11 13:59:35 PST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Sousou, Imad wrote:

> silly, hmmmm... so its ok for me to go out and call sonething "OSDL CGL
> Kernel Tree" ?

Sure, I don't care. You can come up with whatever dorky names for kernel
trees you want.

I have no idea what you would do with such a tree, or what you are trying
to prove with such a statement. You would only convolute your own intent
with something probably completely unrelated.

Look, I'm not directly involved in the working groups, and I've been a big
pundit of them all along, even when you yourself were the biggest
proponent of CGL. But, I understand that they are trying to do good in a
certain space, and by having these endless arrogant arguments about
semantic issues is counter-productive to the entire effort and everyone's
goals, personal or corporate.

Let someone make a decision and go with it. You will never get anywhere
unless you have a little faith in peers on this project.

In other words: Drop it. End of story.

	-pat