[cgl_discussion] CGL and DCL trees

Randy.Dunlap rddunlap at osdl.org
Wed Dec 11 15:01:27 PST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Steven Dake wrote:

| I don't see the point in anyone maintaining any sort of CGL tree except
| for distributors.  The only people interested in an integrated tree are
| going to be linux vendors, and they are more likely just to use their
| own tree and integrate what they want.  If someone really wants the
| sources integrated they can go download the patchsets and apply them.

Yes, I agree, distributors will do their own merging and not use this
tree.  This is more for people who want to test such kernel features
but aren't necessarily good at merging 10 patches with conflicts.

This tree enables those people to use the features, give feedback on
them, and possibly (hopefully) advance those features to a mainline
kernel, which could help both CGL and non-CGL users.

--
~Randy