[cgl_discussion] CGL and DCL trees

Timothy D. Witham wookie at osdl.org
Wed Dec 11 15:59:11 PST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 15:21, Skip Ford wrote:
> [trimmed cc's]

> > To say it more clearly, OSDL is _not_ in business of maintaining
> > software (patches, whatever) _forever_, we are in business of "guiding"
> > kernel development into the direction we feel it needs to go to fulfill
> > the needs of our sponsors. And one (of many) way we do it is by giving
> > patches like George's exposure in this cgl kernel tree.
>
> So your -cgl tree is a temporary tree then.

  Not so much temporary as a test tree that users can pick up and try.
Some things will be shown to have value and included and (hopefully)
be picked up by either the mainline of the distributions and some will
be replace by other projects and some will die a natural death.  But
at least we will have a wider feedback.

Tim

--
Timothy D. Witham <wookie at osdl.org>