[cgl_discussion] docs for the concall

Rod Van Meter Rod.VanMeter at nokia.com
Thu Dec 12 08:05:13 PST 2002

For reference, since it's been a couple of weeks since we talked, here's
what I currently have.  Note that these might be out of date; I trashed
my laptop during Thanksgiving week and I'm still recovering.  Let me
know.

		--Rod

OSDL CGL Feature Sets (as approved at Tech Board concall, 11/26/02)

Feature Set 1 - POSIX

 Req't #        Feature Name
 1.2.1          POSIX Timer Interface Standard Compliant
 1.2.2          POSIX Signal Interface
 1.2.3          New implementation of POSIX Message Queue Interface
 1.2.4          POSIX Semaphore Interface

Feature Set 2 - Networking #1

 Req't #        Feature Name
 1.8            SCTP Support
 3.4            Ethernet Link Aggregation and Failover

Feature Set 3 - Serviceability

 Req't #        Feature Name
 1.5            SNMP Support
 3.8            Software live upgrade

Feature Set 4 - Networking #2

 Req't #        Feature Name
 1.4.1,1.7.1    IPv6 RFCs
 1.4.2,1.7.2    IPSECv6 RFCs

Feature Set 5 - Storage

 Req't #        Feature Name
 3.5.1          RAID1
 3.6            Resilient Filesystem Support
 3.7            Disk and Volume Management

Feature Set 6 - Tools

 Req't #        Feature Name
 4.2,5.2        Kernel Dumps,
                Kernel Dump Targets,
                Kernel Summary Dump,
                Kernel Dump Analysis
 4.4            Dynamic DebugProbe Insertion and LTT
 5.3            Kernel Debugger
 5.3.2          Kernel Debugger Authentication
 5.8            Consolidated Multithreaded Core Dump

Feature Set 7 - Performance

 Req't #        Feature Name
 1.6            POSIX Threads
 2.8            Hyperthreading of CPUs

Feature Set 8 - Scalability

 Req't #        Feature Name
 6.5.1          Enhancements for concurrent timers
 6.5.2          SMP and lock contention scaling
 6.5.2          Enhancements for high concurrent thread scaling
 6.5.3          Concurrent process scaling

Feature Set 9 - High Availability Software

 Req't #        Feature Name
 3.3            Application heartbeat
 1.3            Event logging
 4.1.x          Resource monitor

Feature Set 10 - System Initialization

 Req't #        Feature Name
 2.2            Remote boot support
 2.3            Boot Cycle Detection
 2.6.1          Serial Console Connection
 4.13           Fast reboot
 6.3            Application loading

Feature Set 11 - High Availability Hardware #1

 Req't #        Feature Name
 3.2.1          Watchdog timer interface requirements
 4.11           Panic handler enhancements
 4.5            Platform signal handler

Feature Set 12 - High Availability Hardware #2

 Req't #        Feature Name
 2.1.1          Hot Insert
 2.1.2          Hot Remove
 2.1.3          Hot Device Identity

=====

List of Known CGL Proof of Concept Patch Sets:
11dec2002

Note: The status of all of these patch sets is "proposed".  None of
them have been instantiated as of today.

Feature Set 1 - POSIX

Geoff Gustafson (Intel)

Feature Set 2 - Networking #1

Rod Van Meter (Nokia)

Feature Set 3 - Serviceability

Feature Set 4 - Networking #2

Venkata Jagana (IBM)

Feature Set 5 - Storage

Feature Set 6 - Tools

Feature Set 7 - Performance

Feature Set 8 - Scalability

Feature Set 9 - High Availability Software

Feature Set 10 - System Initialization

Feature Set 11 - High Availability Hardware #1

Feature Set 12 - High Availability Hardware #2

Tim? (MontaVista)
Johannes Jaskari (Nokia)