[cgl_discussion] docs for the concall

Peddibhotla, Rammohan rammohan.peddibhotla at intel.com
Thu Dec 12 08:35:11 PST 2002

Here is an updated doc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod Van Meter [mailto:Rod.VanMeter at nokia.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 8:05 AM
To: cgl_discussion at osdl.org
Subject: [cgl_discussion] docs for the concall

For reference, since it's been a couple of weeks since we talked, here's
what I currently have.  Note that these might be out of date; I trashed
my laptop during Thanksgiving week and I'm still recovering.  Let me
know.

		--Rod

OSDL CGL Feature Sets (as approved at Tech Board concall, 11/26/02)

Feature Set 1 - POSIX =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 1.2.1          POSIX Timer Interface Standard Compliant =

 1.2.2          POSIX Signal Interface =

 1.2.3          New implementation of POSIX Message Queue Interface =

 1.2.4          POSIX Semaphore Interface =

         =

Feature Set 2 - Networking #1 =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 1.8            SCTP Support =

 3.4            Ethernet Link Aggregation and Failover =

Feature Set 3 - Serviceability =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 1.5            SNMP Support =

 3.8            Software live upgrade =

         =

Feature Set 4 - Networking #2 =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 1.4.1,1.7.1    IPv6 RFCs =

 1.4.2,1.7.2    IPSECv6 RFCs =

  =

Feature Set 5 - Storage =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 3.5.1          RAID1 =

 3.6            Resilient Filesystem Support =

 3.7            Disk and Volume Management =

  =

Feature Set 6 - Tools =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 4.2,5.2        Kernel Dumps, =

                Kernel Dump Targets, =

                Kernel Summary Dump, =

                Kernel Dump Analysis =

 4.4            Dynamic DebugProbe Insertion and LTT =

 5.3            Kernel Debugger =

 5.3.2          Kernel Debugger Authentication =

 5.8            Consolidated Multithreaded Core Dump =

         =

Feature Set 7 - Performance =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 1.6            POSIX Threads =

 2.8            Hyperthreading of CPUs =

  =

Feature Set 8 - Scalability =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 6.5.1          Enhancements for concurrent timers =

 6.5.2          SMP and lock contention scaling =

 6.5.2          Enhancements for high concurrent thread scaling =

 6.5.3          Concurrent process scaling =

  =

Feature Set 9 - High Availability Software =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 3.3            Application heartbeat =

 1.3            Event logging =

 4.1.x          Resource monitor =

Feature Set 10 - System Initialization =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 2.2            Remote boot support =

 2.3            Boot Cycle Detection =

 2.6.1          Serial Console Connection =

 4.13           Fast reboot =

 6.3            Application loading =

  =

         =

Feature Set 11 - High Availability Hardware #1 =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 3.2.1          Watchdog timer interface requirements =

 4.11           Panic handler enhancements =

 4.5            Platform signal handler =

  =

  =

Feature Set 12 - High Availability Hardware #2 =

 Req't #        Feature Name =

 2.1.1          Hot Insert =

 2.1.2          Hot Remove =

 2.1.3          Hot Device Identity =

  =

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

List of Known CGL Proof of Concept Patch Sets:
11dec2002

Note: The status of all of these patch sets is "proposed".  None of
them have been instantiated as of today.

Feature Set 1 - POSIX =

  =

Geoff Gustafson (Intel)

Feature Set 2 - Networking #1 =

Rod Van Meter (Nokia)

Feature Set 3 - Serviceability =

Feature Set 4 - Networking #2 =

Venkata Jagana (IBM)

Feature Set 5 - Storage =

Feature Set 6 - Tools =

Feature Set 7 - Performance =

Feature Set 8 - Scalability =

Feature Set 9 - High Availability Software =

Feature Set 10 - System Initialization =

         =

Feature Set 11 - High Availability Hardware #1 =

Feature Set 12 - High Availability Hardware #2 =

Tim? (MontaVista)
Johannes Jaskari (Nokia)