[cgl_discussion] minutes of PoC concall

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Thu Nov 7 16:36:54 PST 2002

> Forget the whole notion of a maintainer of a Feature Set.
> Projects (which implement part or all of one or more features)
> and Patch Sets will have maintainers, but not FSes.

While we may not have maintainers for feature sets, I don't think we
will get off the ground until there are owners for the first patch sets
(for each of the feature sets).  For example, the tools FS has dprobes,
LTT, kdb, kgdb, and lkcd in it.  This represents several companies and
several projects.  Rather than just wait around for the maintainers of
these projects to notice that CGL is defining feature sets, I would
suggest that the PoC could be proactive in soliciting initial owners for
the patch sets.

John