[cgl_discussion] RE: [cgl_specs] Latest draft on security requirements

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Mon Nov 18 15:15:04 PST 2002

Just commenting one part (that I understand :-)

On pe, 2002-11-15 at 16:21, Makan Pourzandi (LMC) wrote:
> Hi Florence,
(...)

Yes, I still think we should for non-technical reasons stick to the
4-tier approach already in the document, i.e.:
  1) no security features
  2) security features with little (<1%) or no performance impact
  3) security features with moderate impact, i.e. 5-10% hit
  4) maximum amount of security features without worrying about their
     performance cost

This makes it possible for non-technical people to make decisions :-)

--MiKu
--
"Good ideas do not die, they just lie down and get recycled." -- me