[cgl_discussion] SNMP Project Review

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Thu Oct 3 11:16:21 PDT 2002

SNMP Project Review

1. Quote the requirements from the requirements doc that your project is
expected to meet.

Requirement 1.5

2. Explain how you think the project you have picked meets the above
requirements.

It is "THE" SNMP project out there.  It seems to be the most popular open
source SNMP project available.

3. Explain the design of your project or point to a document on the web
that explains the design.

http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/

All that has been done is to take the latest UCD-SNMP aka NET-SNMP code that
Red Hat distributed and stick it into the repository.  No code modifications
have been done.

4. Pointer to your code/patch.

Located in CVS in:  components/ucd-snmp/

John Villalovos
Intel Corporation
15400 NW GREENBRIER PKWY # CO5-162
BEAVERTON, OR  97006-5723
(503) 677-5777   Fax: (503) 677-6670

GPG 1.+/PGP 5.+/ DSS/Diffie Helman
http://www.sodarock.com/JohnVillalovos-gpgkey.txt
1024D/1A25D86C 2F24 AD89 E5D5 C92B 7FE2  F878 7ED5 2D38 1A25 D86C

"The VCR, is to the American film producer and the American public as the
Boston strangler is to a woman home alone." - Jack Valenti, chairman of the
Motion Picture Association of America.

My opinions are my own and NEVER the opinions of Intel Corporation.  I am
but a tiny, insignificant, infinitesimal (1/60000) cog in the giant machine
of Intel :)