[cgl_discussion] Re: Project review

Shureih, Tariq tariq.shureih at intel.com
Thu Oct 3 15:01:50 PDT 2002

Awesome thank you :)

--
Tariq ¤
-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-
Opinions are my own and do NOT
represent those of Intel Corporation.
^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy.Dunlap [mailto:rddunlap at osdl.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 2:19 PM
To: Shureih, Tariq
Cc: dann; cgl_discussion at osdl.org
Subject: RE: [cgl_discussion] Re: Project review

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Shureih, Tariq wrote:

| Randy:
|
| I own the AR for this item but I've been busy with scalability patches to
| get around to it.
|
| However, I've had a chance to review the AR and come up with a few
| guidelines I'd like to see in the dependencies.
|
| Each component needs to have it's own README file that explains the
| dependencies for this specific component and provides a link to where
these
| dependencies are available whether at developer.osdl.org or anywhere else.
|
| Further, of course we'll have a directory in CVS to hold all the
| dependencies in which will be available via the CVS web interface.
|
| My main point is that the main reference to these dependencies should be
| with each component, not in a centralized location since that would make
is
| some what useless.

That all sounds fine to me.  BTW, here are the notes from
last week's POC meeting regarding this:

4.  Dependencies for CGLE apps; should we include these with CGLE?
    After discussion, accepted proposal was to:

    -- provide a separate area on CGLE site
         as central dependency package repository.
    -- include source (mandatory) and binaries (optional)
         along with a README mapping projects to
         dependency packages.
    -- on each project site, provide list of dependencies,
         direct and indirect (whole dependency tree)

Thanks,
--
~Randy