[cgl_discussion] [CGLE 1.0] Release Coordination Meeting Minutes - 10/3/02
rammohan.peddibhotla at intel.com
Thu Oct 3 17:50:10 PDT 2002
CGLE 1.0 Release Coordination Meeting Minutes- 10/03/02
Tim Anderson, Terence Chen, Randy Dunlap, Mark Haverkamp, Sandy Hoag,
Venkat Jagana, Johannes Jaskari, Mika Kukkonen, Ville Lavonious,
Rusty Lynch, Ram Peddibhotla, Lisa Perry, Andy Pfiffer, Rob Rhoads,
Tariq Shureih, Mauri Whalen
Summary of Discussion:
- Milestone M3 Development (due 10/4)
* Agreed to not include hot device identity code in CGLE 1.0 since it is
currently in pre-alpha state.
* Deliverables from restructured driver hardening project are now moved
CGLE 2.0 (see details below)
* No status on selectable schedule policy framework feature. Ram and
Mika to follow up offline with project maintainer.
* All other development items are on track for 10/4 check in.
- Milestone M3 Validation Suites (due 10/15)
* IBM will be the validation maintainer for IPv6. Due to the porting
migrating the tests from BSD to Linux, these validation suites will
after 10/15. Date to be finalized next week.
* No status on software live upgrade, selectable scheduler policy
framework and kernel debugger authentication validation suites. Ram and
Mika to follow up offline.
* All other validation items are on track for 10/15 completion.
- Driver hardening update
* Based on Linux kernel mailing list feedback, this project will be
partitioned into two separate endeavors - driver hardening
and instrumentation (diagnostics, statistics, event logging, etc).
* Current spec will morph into a Driver Hardening HOWTO and will be
created in conjunction with the kernel janitor project.
* Instrumentation projects will each be worked independently as separate
* Instrumentation code that is currently checked into cvs (CRMS, CSM,
will be pulled out.
- Validation run plan
* Agreed to the validation run plan that calls for weekly runs of
tests and once in 3wks runs of manual tests.
* Integration will produce weekly pre-milestone builds that will be used
these validation runs.
* Project home pages on developer.osdl.org should be populated with
project links, description and docs (or links to docs). Agreed that the
project reviews we've done could be leveraged for this. A new doc
milestone will be added to the milestone plan.
* There is a new scalability patch available that is preemption
Initial regression tests are showing that bugs found previously are not
recreatable. Integration will proceed with checking in this patch.
* Rob: Remove driver instrumentation code from cvs
* All project maintainers: Populate project home pages
Proposed agenda for next week's meeting:
- 08:30 - 08:50 am CGLE 1.0 milestone M3 development tracking
- 08:50 - 09:30 am CGLE 1.0 milestone M3 validation tracking
- 09:30 - 09:50 am Opens & ARs
More information about the cgl_discussion