[cgl_discussion] configurable requirements - are they specified somewhere?

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Tue Oct 8 06:51:55 PDT 2002

Errr... the definition of "configurable" is that the feature needs to
be active when the testing is made, but it can be _after_ that
deactivated using normal configuration and recompilation (changing
the source code is not allowed) to allow end-user to "configure out"
those features they do not want to use.

So given the definition above, I do not understand your
question/request, as from the testing point of view, there is no
difference between core and configurable features. You might want to
test the impact of configuring one or several of these "configurable"
features out, but IMHO that job should be left to the distribution
vendors.

--MiKu