[cgl_discussion] CONFIG_HYPERTHREADING ??

John Grana jjg at pt.com
Tue Oct 8 10:10:36 PDT 2002

Is Hyperthreading something that only applies to x86 architecture?
If not, then having the ability to disable via BIOS is ok, but other
processor architectures such as Sparc (with OpenBoot), MIPS, PowerPC etc.
have different ideas of BIOS (like boot proms, monitors, etc.). So, the way
it was descibed below:

"We did not make a statement specific to HOW to make this (or in general all
of the)requirement(s) actually configurable"

Is the best road IMHO.

Cheers
John Grana