[cgl_discussion] Req. 3.2.2 watchdog pre-timeout text

Randy.Dunlap rddunlap at osdl.org
Wed Oct 9 13:45:30 PDT 2002

"...shall be provided and is optional..."

Am I the only person who is confused by this?
or has this already been corrected by our editors, thanks to
Geoff's markups?

Requirement: 3.2.2 Watchdog Timer Pre-Timeout Interrupt

is optional so that an [...] interrupt handler routine will be called
before the real time-out occurs.

Does this mean (a) that watchdog pre-timeout capability is required
[in the future] and (b) that use of the pre-timeout is optional?

coz I don't think that that's wot it sez.

--
~Randy
  "In general, avoiding problems is better than solving them."