[cgl_discussion] Request for proposals: v.2 projects

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Fri Oct 11 08:08:43 PDT 2002

Hi all,

We are having a technical face-to-face next week here in Portland, and
one of the major topics is going to be contents of version 2. Now we
do have some high level idea of issues we want to address, namely
HW management, clustering and security.

But it would be nice to have some bottom up input also, and by that I
mean that I am sure there are lot of nice Open Source projects out there
that address same things as we are planning to.

So all proposals of projects we should be looking into are welcome! Post
them either on this mailing list or send them directly to me, and I'll
make sure they are discussed in the F2F next week. If you are proposing
an existing OSS project, please include a web link.

If you just want us to address certain feature you feel is missing, try
to give short technical description of the feature. Note that these
proposals need not to be limited to the three high level areas I
outlined in first paragraph, as in true Open Source fashion any input is
welcomed!

Cheers!