[cgl_discussion] Minutes for POC meeting - 9/5
cherry at osdl.org
Thu Sep 5 11:02:43 PDT 2002
-------------- next part --------------
- CVS tree is open
- Any issues from code review so far
- cgl_discussion review of projects
- Escalation process
- Update on bug scrub
- Any updates from relelase coordination meeting
- Any other issues/concerns/comments
CVS tree open.
cgle-cvs is available to monitor CVS changes
Minor clarifications are ongoing with several of the maintainers on
the sanity checks.
In reviewing the repository:
Khalid - 40%
Randy - 10%
External review of projects
- on a project basis
- request for more public review of projects
- need to make this more visible
- need an email to lkml (and other open source mailing lists) to let them
know about cgl_discussion (Randy or Khalid). Perhaps once a month
- driver hardening now on sourceforge.
- Some additional mailing lists: lkml, linux-ha, glibc, others??
- Those working on closed mailing lists should move to open mailing
- Maintainers could take advantage of Randy or Khalid to gain exposure
to open mailing lists.
- Decisions should be made at the lowest possible level.
- Could be discussed in the context of the organization.
- Responsibilities need to be clarified. Will need to be discussed
at the technical board. John will send out strawman roles definitions.
Update on bug scrub
- Bug scrub on Monday at 9AM.
Updates from release coordination meeting
- Development items are basically on track.
- Need clarification on validation items.
- Questions on test platforms - determined by validation subgroup working
with integration team. Platform resources are available at OSDL for
- If credible maintainers are not identified by 9/16 for feature items,
they will be candidates for removal.
- IPv6 maintainer is still an open issue
- How do we get documents to developer.osdl.org? Should be available
- CVS checkin messages from Julie have osdl.org as the domain. This is
a bug that will be fixed.
- Should we propose kgdb as well as kdb? Yes.
- Maintainer for project (George?)
- Maintainer for validation
More information about the cgl_discussion