[cgl_discussion] KGDB and process issues

george anzinger george at mvista.com
Thu Sep 5 16:00:15 PDT 2002

Khalid Aziz wrote:

> george anzinger wrote:
> >
> > This, WAS the way.  As I understand the new rules we are not
> > tagging the tree at all.
>
> Not so. Check the section "Checking in a patch and including it in
> build" on page 16 of CGLE Developer Guide which requires tagging the
> tree before and after commiting a patch.

Hm, sort of conflicts with what Tariq said yesterday, but
then he did say to read the rules..

Still, what of my proposal?
--

>From Tariq's email of yesterday:

For patches:

We recommend you use ".diff" files of your code ONLY and
apply it using the patch command to the CGLE tree.

A copy of this patch/diff file needs to be, as always,
placed in the "patches" directory under the corresponding
feature.

You don't need to tag kernel patches or kernel source after
patching with anything.  Please follow the guidelines
provided at:

http://www.developer.osdl.org/projects/docs/CGLE-patching-rules.pdf

George Anzinger   george at mvista.com
High-res-timers: