[cgl_discussion] Project review: ResourceMonitor and EventLogSNMP subagent

Peter Badovinatz tabmowzo at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 10 22:04:55 PDT 2002

"Zou, Yixiong" wrote:

> Very good question. According to Terence, the requirement for a RM subagent
> was originally in the Requirements. But somehow it got filtered out. I've
> already contacted Geoff about this. Hopefully, this requirement can be added
> back in.

One quick answer, no it can't be added back in.  Propose for Release 2.

Longer answer, what's the issue?  The existing requirements describe
being able to add plug-in modules to extend for subsystems/devices.
There is also allowance for enumerating devices etc.  We also accept
support for SNMP, I don't think we should limit what SNMP agents you can
write (but they may not be officially part of OSDL CGL.)

Someone tell me what the missing requirement is (I don't feel like
searching through all of the old requirement drafts.)  But we already
did the 1.1 revision, that's it.

> Otherwise, it will just be one less project to be reviewed, I guess. :)

Peter
--
Peter R. Badovinatz aka 'Wombat' -- IBM Linux Technology Center
preferred: tabmowzo at us.ibm.com / alternate: wombat at us.ibm.com
These are my opinions and absolutely not official opinions of IBM, Corp.