[cgl_discussion] About Preemptive and O1 scheduler patch

Andy Pfiffer andyp at osdl.org
Tue Sep 24 09:07:43 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 17:58, Zou, Yixiong wrote:
> The CVS repository for the preempt-kernel
> http://cvs.developer.osdl.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/kernel/linux-2.4.18/patche
> s/preempt-kernel/ contains 6 files. Does anybody know which one is really
> applied to the CGLE kernel? Is there an easy way to reverse the
> preempt-kernel patch in CGLE kernel?
>
> Thank you for your help.

[untested best guess...]

If you can identify the relevant before and after tags, you may be able
to undo the changes to your local CVS tree with a command of the form:

	cvs update -j <the-before-tag> -j <the-after-tag>

You may have to reverse the tags (as I said, "untested best guess"
;^)].  The essence of what an update with two -j options does is to
identify a delta over an arbitrary number of files, and then apply (or
unapply) that delta to your tree.  If you can't find the proper tags to
use, if you can figure out the date before the changes went in, and a
date after the changes were applied, you can use those date stamps in
place of the tags.

This is one of those cases where bitkeeper would make this a no-brainer.

Andy