Fw: [cgl_discussion] Sources from each build...

Khalid Aziz khalid at fc.hp.com
Tue Sep 24 12:58:44 PDT 2002

I am pretty sure I had asked for source tarballs, not binary tarballs.
Build simply needs to verify the source we have builds and works. We
should make the source tarballs available and it should be upto distros
to generate binaries for whatever platform using whatever libraries and
in whatever packaging format they desire. We should not be posting
binaries.

Did anyone else understand it differently? My memory may not be quite
accurate.

As for rpm packages, they indeed are distro specific. An RPM package for
Redhat 7.3 is very unlikely to install on a Mandrake 8.2. IMO, we should
not build rpm or any other packages.

I completely agree with you about location of instructions for accessing
CVS. I had asked for those instructions to be placed in a prominent
location at least three weeks back. I am waiting for integration team to
do that. There is a bug in bugzilla.developer.osdl.org (bug # 485) as
well for that.

--
Khalid

Khalid Aziz                                   Linux Systems Division
(970)898-9214                                        Hewlett-Packard
khalid at fc.hp.com                                    Fort Collins, CO

"The Linux kernel is subject to relentless development"
				- Alessandro Rubini