Fw: [cgl_discussion] Sources from each build...

Khalid Aziz khalid at fc.hp.com
Tue Sep 24 13:39:32 PDT 2002

Khalid Aziz wrote:
> As for rpm packages, they indeed are distro specific. An RPM package for
> Redhat 7.3 is very unlikely to install on a Mandrake 8.2. IMO, we should
> not build rpm or any other packages.

Before people get ruffled up about it :)

What I am trying to say is we should not be putting up binaries on the
build page. We still have to build binaries/packages for validation
subgroup, but that is strictly internal. This is just my opinion (not as
in not HP's opinion, but as in it is an opinion, not a decree).

--
Khalid

Khalid Aziz                                   Linux Systems Division
(970)898-9214                                        Hewlett-Packard
khalid at fc.hp.com                                    Fort Collins, CO

"The Linux kernel is subject to relentless development"
				- Alessandro Rubini