Fw: [cgl_discussion] Sources from each build...

Shureih, Tariq tariq.shureih at intel.com
Tue Sep 24 13:47:24 PDT 2002

Just to clarify how things took place.

We, integration, changed the build output to binary tar archives because
RPMs were not accepted -- for obvious reasons I agree with.

What I understood from Rusty is that we need to post the binary tar archives
NOT source since people, in osdl or outside, can access source via anonymous
cvs.

We maintained the RPM output for the validation and ABAT structure in place.

Now, it's a matter of a small script change to start posting source tar
archives, but for my own personal curiosity, why do we want to do that?
Let me elaborate:
What is the purpose of publishing the build output?
Is it for specific audience such as validation?  Is it for open-source
community to have access to what we do?

Answering that question will answer the proper method to post the build
output in.

--
Tariq ¤