[cgl_discussion] [CGLE 1.0] Release Coordination Meeting Minutes - 9/26/02
rammohan.peddibhotla at intel.com
Fri Sep 27 15:31:58 PDT 2002
CGLE 1.0 Release Coordination Meeting Minutes- 9/26/02
Tim Anderson, Khalid Aziz, Terence Chen, John Cherry, Randy Dunlap,
Mark Haverkamp, Venkat Jagana, Mika Kukkonen, Ville Lavonious,
Rusty Lynch, Ram Peddibhotla, Andy Pfiffer, Tariq Shureih, Mauri Whalen
Summary of Discussion:
- Milestone M3 Development (due 10/4)
* All development items (except hot device identify) are on track for
10/4 check in. Hot device identify scope is now defined and code will
checked in mid-Oct. Taneli/Tim to finalize date of development and
validation suite completion.
* Agreed to go with current implementation of watchdog timer interface
CGLE 1.0. This will be revisited in CGLE 2.0.
* Lot of discussion and good feedback on driver hardening. Project
maintainer (Rob Rhoads) to present an update next week on common
themes of feedback and resulting changes in the project.
* Per PoC, hotplug code is not going to be part of CGLE 1.0.
* IPv6 maintainer issue is resolved with IBM remaining the project
- Milestone M3 Validation Suites (due 10/15)
* Since there is no concern on integration issues, we agreed to let
validation items completion date be on/before 10/15.
* Completion of validation line items means: validation suite is checked
ABAT is checked in; Test plan is mailed out for review.
* All validation items (except hot device identity, as noted above) are
* Venkat to confirm the IBM maintainer for IPv6 validation suites.
* Agreed to an ST2 motherboard based system as the base validation
platform. Certain features (e.g. hotswap) need special hardware and it
will be left to the test runner to determine which platform to test on.
* Created a validation runs ownership proposal (doc at url below). This
proposal to be tweaked and finalized next week.
* Steering committee would like an assessment of creating build outputs
for debian. This will be a tech board topic.
* Mauri: Create a validation plan (bug fix build milestones, how many
* Venkat: Finalize IPv6 validation suite maintainer.
Updated milestone plan, validation run ownership & AR list
Proposed agenda for next week's meeting:
- 08:30 - 08:50 am CGLE 1.0 milestone M3 development tracking
- 08:50 - 09:05 am Driver hardening update
- 09:05 - 09:30 am CGLE 1.0 milestone M3 validation tracking
- 09:30 - 09:50 am CGLE 1.0 validation plan
- 09:50 - 10:00 am Opens & ARs
More information about the cgl_discussion