[cgl_discussion] Question about how to configure the load shared TIPC server.

Guo, Min min.guo at intel.com
Wed Apr 2 00:40:47 PST 2003

Dear maloy:

	I am now working on the TIPC test suite development, and I can not clearly understand
a requirement in the test spec you gave us.

The req is
4) Send a message to an existing port name. The port name is
   published from several ports on different processors as
   "load shared". Verify round robin algorithm.

    So it means that we can publish the same port name from different
processors at the same time, Is that right?  If not, why I can start two
same ports from different machines at the same time? If so, there maybe exist many
same port services in the same zone at the same time,is that right?

    And I don't know how to verify round robin algorithm on the different
processors, so could you please tell me how to configure the topology of
such network? I myself can not determine which machine acts as
a service machine in the loadable shared network, so how can I verify the RR
algorithm?So ,can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks
Guo Min
The content of this email message solely contains my own personal views,
and not those of my employer.