[cgl_discussion] TIPC issues

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Wed Apr 2 07:29:33 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 00:03, Guo, Min wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Here are some issues that I encountered in the test suites development,
> could you please take a look at them and give me a feedback?

As a process issue, I (or actually OSDL management ;-) would very much
prefer, that all problems with TIPC are entered into CGL Bugzilla:
http://www.osdl.org/developer_bugzilla/
Let me know if you need help with that.

> 1. With the source codes cloned from http://tipc-linux.bkbits.net/, I
> try the subscritiption program, I find the TIPC does not support
> GET_LINK_EVENT function currently.

> struct link_event link_ev = {0,0,0,0,0};
> ex: assert(!ioctl(tipc_fd,GET_LINK_EVENT,&link_ev); //GET_LINK_EVENT=68u
>
> System will tell us GET_LINK_EVENT is not supported now.
> So, we think we can contribute codes to implement such function, how
> about your opinion?

Feel free to contribute code through Rusty, or send the patches directly
to me.

> 2. When I insert the tipc.ko and run a normal TIPC server program and
> client program, Here the TIPC server and client are in an infinite
> loop send/receive program, it is strange that tipc.ko user number is
> still 0, and when I remove the tipc.ko ,and system will hang up.

Yes, the module use count is not updated currently. Mark should have
fixed the module unloading though. Could you send us the full call
trace?

> 3. Because there are some different include files in the TIPC
> include/net,include/linux and corresponding standard linux include
> dir, so I suggest the full include files should be found in the BK
> development tree, which can bring us more convenience to build
> application programme.

The header files are currently in state of lots of changes. I would
suggest you work with Rusty to define the header files you need for
application development.