[cgl_discussion] TIPC issues

Mark Haverkamp markh at osdl.org
Wed Apr 2 07:32:17 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 07:29, Mika Kukkonen wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 00:03, Guo, Min wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Here are some issues that I encountered in the test suites development,
> > could you please take a look at them and give me a feedback?
>
> As a process issue, I (or actually OSDL management ;-) would very much
> prefer, that all problems with TIPC are entered into CGL Bugzilla:
> http://www.osdl.org/developer_bugzilla/
> Let me know if you need help with that.
>
> > 1. With the source codes cloned from http://tipc-linux.bkbits.net/, I
> > try the subscritiption program, I find the TIPC does not support
> > GET_LINK_EVENT function currently.
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > struct link_event link_ev = {0,0,0,0,0};
> > ex: assert(!ioctl(tipc_fd,GET_LINK_EVENT,&link_ev); //GET_LINK_EVENT=68u
> >
> > System will tell us GET_LINK_EVENT is not supported now.
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > So, we think we can contribute codes to implement such function, how
> > about your opinion?
>
> Feel free to contribute code through Rusty, or send the patches directly
> to me.
>
> > 2. When I insert the tipc.ko and run a normal TIPC server program and
> > client program, Here the TIPC server and client are in an infinite
> > loop send/receive program, it is strange that tipc.ko user number is
> > still 0, and when I remove the tipc.ko ,and system will hang up.
>
> Yes, the module use count is not updated currently. Mark should have
> fixed the module unloading though. Could you send us the full call
> trace?

Since the module use code has not been updated yet, you will get a panic
if you unload the module if there is any access to tipc at the time.
Once the try_module_get/module_put code is in place, this should be
fixed.  For the time being don't unload the module if it is being
accessed.

--
Mark Haverkamp <markh at osdl.org>