[cgl_discussion] [Fwd: [ogfs-dev]EVMS 2.0 with cluster support]

Ram Pai linuxram at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 2 15:22:58 PST 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Peter Badovinatz wrote:

> John Cherry wrote:
> >
> > EVMS has been released as a clustered volume manager.  It could address
> > things like cluster wide device naming and could replace the notion of
> > pools in OpenGFS.  Does anybody on the cgl_discussion list have some
> > bandwidth to evaluate this?

We support cluster wide **volume** device naming. What this means is
that EVMS volumes created on Shared containers will show up as a
volume device with the same name on all cluster nodes.

And from the discussion with the OpenGFS folks today, I understand
that this is what they want.

Pools can be replaced with EVMS volume devices residing on shared container.
However we do not have an equivalent of a sub-pool.

We are eager to receive feedback, and requirements that drives our future
development.

Thanks,
--
Ram Pai