Naming and devlabel (was Re: [cgl_discussion] [Fwd: [ogfs-dev]EVMS 2.0 with cluster support])

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Apr 3 11:45:34 PST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:49:11AM -0800, Joe DiMartino wrote:
<snip>
> It's actually pretty cool.  They even use it in /etc/fstab so mounts
> won't slip with syntax like:
>
>    LABEL=/       /                ext3    defaults        1 1
>    LABEL=/boot   /boot            ext3    defaults        1 2

Is this generic to all filesystems, or just an ext2/ext3 feature?  I've only
ever seen it on ext2/ext3, so I'm curious.

	-Sean

Sean Dague                sean at dague.net               http://dague.net

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.