[cgl_discussion] Re: coding detail

Frederic Rossi (LMC) Frederic.Rossi at ericsson.ca
Fri Apr 4 06:23:45 PST 2003

Hi Dave,

    There cannot be any race condition here because the task context B
has just been
created but the task has not been started yet. The constructor is running
inside the context of A and is building the parameters for B. So it is
safe because
B cannot exit at this moment.

For the case below the accept handler can really be a process two, so
the task can
be either 'current' or a new task. It is only in the case of AEM that
the task pointer
can reference a structure wich is not 'current'.

Frederic

Ericsson Research Canada          frederic.rossi at ericsson.ca
Systems Research LMC/UU           Phone:  (514) 345-7900  x5641
8400 Decarie Blvd.
Town of Mount Royal
H4P 2N2, (Quebec) Canada