[cgl_discussion] First public drafts of CGL v2 specifications are available

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Fri Apr 4 09:41:20 PST 2003

Hello!

I am proud to announce the immediate public availability of first two
drafts of our v2 specifications:

  "OSDL Carrier Grade Security Requirement Definition
   Public Draft Version 0.1"
http://developer.osdl.org/docs/osdl_carrier_grade_linux_working_group_security_requirements_release_2.pdf

  "OSDL Carrier Grade Linux Working Group General System Requirements,
  Release 2 Public Draft Version 2003-03-17"
http://developer.osdl.org/docs/osdl_carrier_grade_linux_working_group_general_system_requirements_release_2.pdf

More detailed announcement of this release has been sent to the cgl_info
mailing list (viewable through this URL if you are not a member of that
list: http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/cgl_info/2003-April/000001.html).

I just want to say that I am happy to see that we are able to continue
our movement in a long (and sometimes bumpy) road that is called CGL-WG,
and I feel that while these documents are early drafts, they already
seem to be significant improvements over the v1.1 specifications.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank the whole CGL Specs
subgroup and their multitasking chair, Peter Badovinantz, of their
capability to agree on these difficult issues over such difficult
medium as phone ;-). I also wish to thank the OSDL "jack-of-all-trades"
Dave Fuller for his "can do" attitude in helping these drafts out.

Lastly but most importantly, I want to encourage everybody reading this
mail to download and actually read the documents. I hereby pledge that
no comment on these documents sent to this mailing list or directly to
me will not go unanswered. So let us work together in the spirit of Open
Source!

Cheers!

Mika Kukkonen
OSDL CGL-WG Roadmap Coordinator