[cgl_discussion] Buffer overflow

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Wed Apr 16 08:22:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 08:04, Adriano Galano wrote:
(...)
> Is not better to CGL become strong for IA-64/x86-64 architectures?

Well, we have kept CGL quite HW agnostic (there are couple borderline
cases, though), but this question has cropped up couple times (i.e.
what is CGL doing about IA-64/x86-64), and the answer so far has
really been "nothing, because we need not to".

CGL builds on top of Linux kernel, which at it's own seems to be doing
fine enough job tracking those two architectures. And there have been no
feature proposals in CGL that would require use of 64-bit architecture.