[cgl_discussion] Buffer overflow

Wilson, Andrew andrew.wilson at intel.com
Wed Apr 16 08:40:17 PDT 2003

As the original article points out, there are techniques for defeating
buffer overflows that are processor-independent, such as placing
the stack at different locations in memory.  We could, if we
wanted to, draft a requirement for stack integrity countermeasures
which would be architecture-independent.

cheers

atw