[cgl_discussion] Request for HPI usage information

Rusty Lynch rusty at linux.co.intel.com
Wed Apr 16 09:00:53 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 07:25, Mika Kukkonen wrote:
> Let me ask you a counter-question: are you planning to support non-x86
> architectures? My point is that those platforms that have limited RAM
> etc. are  usually non-x86.

OpenHPI will have a base infrastructure that should not be architecture
specific (although until somebody volunteers to test on other
architectures then we could have unidentified bugs), and plugins that
might be architecture or platform specific depending on what the plugin
is trying to do.

> In CGL we do have remained HW agnostic, but I think we have assumed that
> memory is not a limiting factor, which would imply that an answer to
> both your questions is "reasonable", i.e. no limitations unless you
> create a memory eating monster :-)

Too bad.  I really missed working on memory eating monsters from back in
my days of battling Mozilla. :->