[cgl_discussion] Serial Console Connection

Li, Adam adam.li at intel.com
Wed Apr 16 20:52:12 PDT 2003

Yes. I've tried serial console using grub on UL.

I configured grub as :

# /boot/grub/menu1.list

#gfxmenu (hd0,0)/message  # do not show the graphic interface

default 0
timeout 8

#Using COM2
serial --unit=1 --speed=9600 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
terminal  serial console

title linux
	# Using COM2
	kernel (hd0,0) /vmlinuz  root=/dev/sda2  console=ttyS1,9600n8
	initrd (hd0,0) /initrd

I am wondering what kind of error message you've got?

Information above represents only my personal view, not corporate.
Adam Li  [Li Yi]
Intel China Software Lab
Tel:  86-21-5257-4545-1338
adam.li at intel.com